Well Fed Neighbor

Local Food. Local Jobs.

All Discussions Tagged 'food' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Community Gardens

Let's get Community Gardens planted in every Neighborhood! Let us know if you have a plot of land available or would like to be involved in…

Started by Aubree Taylor

24 Apr 13, 2016
Reply by Joseph Kerwin

Maine Town Takes Control of Local Food Supply

I believe Patricia Tursi posted this previously but I couldn't find it so I'm reposting this message. If Maine can do this and succeed, the…

Started by Madelynn Frazier

0 Jun 9, 2011

Poison in Food - Sweet Misery

Rachel and I just watched an important documentary on Netflex - "Sweet Misery: A Poisoned World". It is about aspartame - a poison that ha…

Started by Lincoln B. Justice

2 Dec 2, 2010
Reply by Joe Tittiger

FDA Food Recall Database Online

http://recalls.flowingdata.com/   Has info from 2009 and is up to date as of yesterday.   

Started by Troy

0 Nov 10, 2010

This is how we do it..... Lime goes on the field today!

Today is an exciting day as, for me at least, it marks the beginning of the 2010 growing season.  I have a 15 acre farm just outside of tow…

Started by Ruell Chappell

7 Sep 17, 2010
Reply by Joe Tittiger

Instructors of all kind needed

I am getting a lot of requests for instructors to help coordinate great, actionable ideas!  One idea is to have a garden raising / educatio…

6 Sep 15, 2010
Reply by Evelyn Hansen

Community Currency as a catalyst for local food production

Hi All,I'm doing this semesters' project at RUC on the effect that community currency can have on decentralized food (and energy) productio…

Started by Matt Richards

12 Jun 21, 2010
Reply by Sarah Stern

Free For All: Fixing School Food in America

A new book out by Janet Poppendick that speaks to issues surrounding the school lunch programs and how they got that way. It should absolut…

Started by Angela Jenkins

2 Mar 26, 2010
Reply by Dale Wayne Jackson

FARMERS GASTROPUB

If you haven't been to the Farmers Gastropub yet then shame on you! This local restaurant/ pub is serving up a ever changing seasonal menu…

Started by Tina Noble

3 Mar 21, 2010
Reply by Anna Kangas

Women will make it happen!

Women!  The Well-Fed Neighbor Alliance needs your help.  Regardless of whether you are a stay-at-home Mom, or a professional, a grandmother…

0 Feb 1, 2010

RSS

© 2017   Created by ThePopp.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service